Wednesday, May 20, 2009

A Visit with The Pamplemousse



I visited The Pamplemousse Saturday at Julio Canani's barn at Hollywood Park. "The Mousse" looked wonderful and was extremely sociable!

Co-owner Alex Solis II said the colt is happy and doing well and "doesn't know anything is wrong!"

The Pamplemousse has been out of training since April due to a lesion on the tendon of his left foreleg. The winner of the Grade 3 San Rafael and Grade 3 Sham Stakes at Santa Anita this year was scratched from the Santa Anita Derby and has been on a program of walking and stall rest at Canani's barn. According to Solis, The Pamplemousse will be transferring to a farm within the next two weeks. I'll keep you posted.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love that horse! Really hope to see him race again.

Ghostsnapper said...

That was so adorable, how he was sucking on the peppermint! I've never seen a horse do that before. Thanks for the update, it's so hard to find out how our out-of-commission horses are doing nowadays. Any info is greatly appreciated!

DiscreetCat said...

Great video, Mary! It's great to hear that The Pamplemousse is doing well.

John said...

Thanks Mary!!

Sharla said...

Awwww my favorite boy!!!! Can't wait to visit him again myself on Sunday. Thanks for the update!

Sally said...

I love this horse too and love seeing footage of him. Hope they've found a lovely farm for the rest up.

Whitney said...

I am happy to see the Mousse is doing well! He is such a sweet and talented horse and I can't wait to see your next posting for him and for him to race again. Thank you so much!

Post a Comment