Wednesday, January 27, 2010

We Have Another Winner! Sally Cruikshank Wins Blog Contest at Santa Anita

Sally Cruikshank and Santa Anita's Irene Torres with "Carmen" in the Paddock Room.

Sally Cruikshank of Northridge, Calif. was the winner of this week's "Where at the Track is Carmen Santa Anita?" contest when she was the first to spot the little trophy horse at Santa Anita Racetrack. Cruikshank, who has been visiting Santa Anita for approximately two years, said it took her nearly four races to find Carmen.

"I covered every potato chip seller at the track, even in the Infield," Cruikshank said. "They'd say, 'Can I help you?' Me: 'No, I'm just looking!" Cruikshank also managed to get a win and exacta on race 5 before she left!

Irene Torres, who works in the Paddock Room food stand where Carmen was hidden, was equally excited about the contest. Torres has worked at the track for 25 years.

Congratulations to Cruikshank, who won a season clubhouse admission pass for the remainder of the Winter-Spring meet, compliments of Santa Anita!

Watch for another contest next week, when Carmen will again be hiding somewhere at the track.

3 comments:

Dharmesh Patel said...

Would you be interested in doing a link exchange with www.BetAmerica.com/blog?

I am in the marketing department for this site.

dharmesh@bamsas.com

zraces said...

Wow, I thought I had it pegged, but didn't. The Paddock Room? I had forgotten it existed. Good place to play on rainy days.

Sally said...

Thank you Mary! Thank you Santa Anita! I'm thrilled! zraces, I'd never been in the Paddock Room either. In fact I thought it might be the jockeys' changing room! I was sure it was going to be in that little stand right behind general admission.

Post a Comment