Saturday, February 14, 2009

Kayla Stra at Work, Santa Anita


Last night's episode of JOCKEYS on Animal Planet was fast paced and engrossing. Much of the story focused on female jockey Kayla Stra who faced a tough decision: should she continue to fight against the odds or pack it up and head home to Australia?

Stra is doing a superb job in JOCKEYS, and brings genuine emotion to the reality show. I'm sure I wasn't the only one cheering when she got her first win at Santa Anita.

Early today she was hard at work exercising horses at Santa Anita, where I caught a photo of her heading back to the barns, her steed blowing steam in the frosty morning air. The day dawned clear and crisp after yesterday's deluge that dusted the San Gabriels with a light snow.

Stra has the mount on Jet Set Lass in tomorrow's 5th race at Santa Anita, for trainer Tom Blincoe. I'll be rooting for her!

14 comments:

zraces said...

Kayla has won quite a few since Jockeys was filmed. Great value on your bet, she gives a great ride for the overlay you get on the odds!

Anonymous said...

where is kalya at haven't seen her what's up?

Mary Forney's Blog said...

Kayla's still at Santa Anita. In fact, I spoke to her yesterday morning at Clockers' Corner. Hopefully she'll get more and more mounts at the meet!

Anonymous said...

DO YOU KNOW IF KAYLA IS GOING TO RUN AT ARLINGTON PARK?

Mary Forney's Blog said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Mary Forney's Blog said...

I haven't heard anything, but will check with Kayla and let you know!

Anonymous said...

I liked Kayla Stra and rooted for her but when she disappered from the TV show, I thought she'd gone back to Australia. I'm glad to hear she's getting more mounts and winning, too.

Anonymous said...

i have some pictures i wanted kayla to autograph for me, do you know if she will be riding at hollywood park? also does kayla still go to santa anita every day even if she doesn't have a scheduled mount on the program?

Christine said...

It is now November 2009 and I am not seeing Kayla Stra riding at Santa Anita or Hollywood Park. Is Kayle still in the U.S. and is she now riding back in Australia. It was really tough for her in Southern California and I wish her the best and hope she is riding winners where she is better known and appreciated. I would like to know where she is......

Anonymous said...

Kayla is riding at Golden Gate Fields just outside of Oakland. She has been doing well.

Anonymous said...

I believe she is in the top 10 at Golden Gate's winter meet.

Anonymous said...

Is Kayla still with some guy name Joey?

Anonymous said...

Oh my god say its not true! is Kayla Stra engaged to be married?

Anonymous said...

Great article about Kayla:

http://www.pressdemocrat.com/article/20100226/SPORTS/100229553?p=all&tc=pgall&tc=ar

Post a Comment