Saturday, September 12, 2009

Laffit Pincay on Book Signing Tour

Laffit Pincay Jr. signs booksPincay autographs his biography at Del Mar book signing, September 2009.

Anyone who follows jockey Laffit Pincay Jr. on Twitter knows that he has been busy jetting around this summer to various book signings for his recently released biography by Madelyn Cain, Laffit: Anatomy of a Winner. I was fortunate to catch him, along with the author, at Del Mar during closing week and get my very own autographed copy.

Pincay, who in 1999 surpassed Willie Shoemaker to become the winningest jockey of all time, has led an incredible and fascinating life. His riding career spanned an amazing 40 years and encompassed the lowest of lows and the highest of highs. The biography chronicles his life from his early days in Panama to his remarkable achievements in the world of Thoroughbred horse racing. It's an engrossing read not only for racing fans but for anyone who enjoys reading about the life of a truly dedicated and inspiring athlete.

4 comments:

Sally said...

I ordered my copy from amazon and enjoyed it very much.

The_Knight_Sky said...

Is Mr. Pincay coming to the east coast, shortly?

I remember he was promoting the 25th Anniversary of the Breeders Cup last autumn at the Meadowlands. A quiet, reserved gentleman he was.

D.S. Williamson said...

I have not read the book yet but I bet it will be a good one. Forty years of racing from the jockey's point of view just has to be extremely interesting. Outwinning Shoemaker had to be an unsurpassed tremendous thrill. Best of luck with the book. D.S. Williamson

Anonymous said...

A friend of mine surprised me when she sent me the Collectable Advance Reader's Copy of LAFFIT, Anatomy of a Winner when he was at Santa Anita in March with the advance copies. She had him autograph the book to me and took a photo of him signing my book. The book is a wonderful read. Audrey

Post a Comment